The 44th annual Braintree 4th of July celebration will be held on Saturday July 1st! It is a fun filled day for the whole family including a parade, a carnival and fireworks. (check out the whole fireworks schedule)
The day-long family friendly event kicks off with a Stars and Stripes Parade; followed by a Food Truck Festival, activities and games, pony rides, live entertainment and more, before culminating with one of the biggest fireworks displays south of Boston
THE STARS AND STRIPES PARADE STEPS OFF AT 11:45AM
The parade begins in the parking lot of the Registry of Motor Vehicles/Bayshore Athletic Club (14 Plain Street), takes a right out of the parking lot onto Plain St and then a quick right onto Hancock St and proceeds north on Hancock St through South Braintree Square, continues straight as Hancock St becomes Washington St and ends at the Hollis School, 482 Washington St, Braintree.
Best views for performances for the various acts will be in front of Braintree Town Hall and The Thayer Public Library located on Washington St.
A “food truck rodeo” will be held at Braintree High School, 128 Town St, Braintree, during the celebration program beginning at 2 PM after the parade has concluded. Over 25 diverse food trucks from all over New England will be on hand to offer something for everyone’s appetite. Each truck will offer a variety of menu price options with three different levels that can fit into any family’s budget.
Family entertainment All-ages activities and attractions from pony rides and games, to fortune tellers, are planned throughout the day and evening.
Here’s a schedule of all the other events:
- 2 p.m. – Event Begins: DJ Ed Kelley MCs the event
- 2 – 5 p.m. – Pony Rides by Barrett’s Horse Drawn Services and Home Run Derby by Life Community Church
- 2 – 6 p.m. – Animal Craze Petting Zoo, fun faces with a twist face painting, all hands drumming interactive drum circle, tarot card and palm readings, Macaroni Kid South Shore Boston and The Kindness Rocks Project, and roaming raceway and railroad
- 2 – 8 p.m. – Fun Zone by Dave & Buster’s, Busy Bee Jumpers Slip and Slides, inflatable obstacle courses, and dunk tank
- 2 – 10 p.m. – Temporary tattoos, balloon art, do it yourself classic crafts, face gems and hair feathers, Braintree Day T-Shirt Sales, and Boston Circus Guild stilt walkers and jugglers
- 3:30 – 5 p.m. – Aldous Collins Band
- 5 – 5:30 p.m. – Official welcome from Braintree Mayor Joe Sullivan
- 6 – 7:30 p.m. – The Eagles Experience
- 8 – 9:30 p.m. – Kristen Merlin from NBC the Voice
10:00 PM Fireworks display Sponsored by Liberty Bay Credit Union! Producing our fireworks display is RS Fireworks. This will be one of the best fireworks display in the 43 year history of the Braintree July 4th Celebration Committee in honor of the 240th Anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence!
In the event of rain, the fireworks will take place Sunday night at 9 p.m., with a DJ starting the night at 6 p.m.